All sessions, including the initial consultation, are subject to these terms and conditions. Please take time to read this page as you will receive a copy of the Client Agreement to sign at your first appointment.
When you book an initial consultation or first appointment with Therapy in Leeds, your appointment will be reserved for 48 hours. In addition to any session fees, a deposit of £40 is payable within 48 hours of booking the appointment in order to confirm the booking. The deposit can be paid online via www.hypnotherapy-in-leeds.co.uk and payment may be made via credit/debit card or a Paypal account.
Where the deposit is not paid within 48 hours of booking the first appointment or initial consultation, the appointment will be released and may be offered to someone else.
The deposit will be refunded at your final therapy session, providing at least 48 hours’ notice has been given for any appointment cancellations and there have been no instances of non-attendance at appointments without 48 hours prior notification.
The standard therapy session fees are as follows, unless otherwise stated:
- Therapy Sessions: £80 per session
- Relaxation Sessions: £60 per session
Discount packages are also available. Fees for therapy programmes will be notified separately as required.
Unless otherwise stated, approximate appointment duration is as follows:
- Initial Consultation: 60 to 90 minutes
- Therapy Sessions: 50 minutes
- Relaxation Sessions: 50 minutes
Payment is due at the end of each session unless otherwise agreed and may be made in cash, via credit or debit card, or a Paypal account. Cheques will not be accepted.
Session fees are for the therapist’s time and are not a guarantee of a successful outcome. Therefore, no refunds will be given for any sessions where you have attended for your appointment and paid for the session.
Where a discount package has been booked and paid for in advance, no refund will be given if you choose to discontinue therapy sessions before you have attended all the sessions included in the package.
Contact Between Sessions
Any contact between sessions, will be by telephone, email or letter during office hours only (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 3.00pm). Any messages received outside of these hours will be dealt with during office hours only.
Other Medical or Psychological Treatment
If you are receiving care or treatment from any medical, healthcare or therapy practitioner e.g. GP, Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Counsellor, you may be asked to seek their permission before any therapy sessions can commence.
Arriving Late for Your Appointment
Please arrive promptly at your appointment time. If you are running late, please let me know as soon as possible. I will do my best to make a full session available, however as the ability to do this will depend on bookings subsequent to your appointment, this cannot be guaranteed.
Cancellations & Re-scheduling of Appointments
Considerable time is spent preparing for each client session. If you need to cancel or re-schedule an appointment, notification must be made via email or phone call at least 48 hours prior to the appointment. Text messages will not be accepted as notification.
Appointments cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice or non-attendance at appointments without prior notification will result in your deposit not being refunded. Where this occurs, a new deposit payment will be payable if further therapy sessions are required.
Standards of Behaviour
During the course of any therapy sessions, I will treat you with respect and not abuse the trust you place in me. I will use best practice at all times in our mutual interest. In return, you undertake not to harm yourself, or any other person, including me, or any property belonging to either me or any other person.
You agree not to come to sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, except those medications which have been prescribed by your doctor. If you do come to sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, or demonstrate violent or abusive behaviour, I will cancel the session and may refuse to see you for any further therapy sessions.
All contact, including sessions, telephone conversations and emails, will be conducted in confidence and may be recorded. Prior to any recording, your agreement may be sought. All recordings, conversations and notes will remain confidential, except in the following circumstances:
- Where you give permission for confidentiality to be broken
- Where the therapist is compelled by a court of law
- Where the information is of a nature that confidentiality cannot be maintained, for example:
- The possibility of harm to yourself or others exists
- In cases of fraud or crime
- When minors (under 18 years old) are involved
- Where a referring GP or other healthcare professional requires a report. A copy of the report will be available on request.
Hypnotherapy CDs & MP3 Files
Hypnotherapy CDs and/or MP3s should not be listened to whilst driving, operating machinery or undertaking any other activity where concentration is required. Any CD or MP3 file provided is for your personal use only and must not be lent, copied or sold under any circumstances.
The agreement to work on the issue(s) presented by you, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of your presenting issue(s). However, I will endeavour to use my best efforts and skills to work towards your therapeutic goal(s).
As an Accredited Member of The National Hypnotherapy Society, I receive regular supervision in line with the Society’s policy and guidance in order to maintain standards and promote best practice. Supervision sessions may involve discussion of client histories and/or details of sessions. Where this applies, your identity will not be disclosed and your confidentiality will be maintained at all times, except in the circumstances described in the confidentiality paragraph in this agreement.
By signing the Client Agreement, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Client Agreement. You also agree with the statements below:
- I confirm that I have been advised by Vicki Crane of the scope of the therapies that she provides and give my full consent to receiving therapy sessions from Vicki Crane.
- I understand that results may vary from person to person and the agreement by Vicki Crane to work on the issues or problems presented by me, using whatever therapeutic model or models are appropriate to my situation, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of any presenting issues or problems.
- I understand that hypnotherapy or any other therapy or information provided by Vicki Crane either in person or via telephone, email or internet, is not a replacement or substitute for medical, psychological or psychiatric treatment. If I have any doubts or concerns about my health, I will seek advice from an appropriate qualified healthcare professional.
- I declare that, if advised by Vicki Crane prior to or following any therapy sessions, to seek medical approval, I will consult with my GP, hospital consultant and/or other healthcare professional and gain the appropriate written approval for Vicki Crane prior to the next therapy session.
- I have been advised that I am free to terminate any or all sessions at any time.
- In order to maximise the likelihood of a successful outcome, I agree to make reasonable use of therapeutic suggestions during and between sessions, including listening to CDs and/or MP3 files and carrying out agreed actions or tasks as appropriate.
- I have accurately and truthfully answered any questions and provided background information during the initial consultation and will continue to do so during any subsequent therapy sessions.
Hypnotherapy, talking therapy and NLP are effective forms of therapy, however people respond differently and therefore results may vary from person to person. Full client commitment and participation is required. Listening to CDs / MP3s and carrying out other therapy tasks between sessions is an essential part of the process and this will be fully explained during your initial consultation.