All sessions, including the initial consultation, are subject to these terms and conditions. Please take time to read this page as you will receive a copy of the Client Agreement to sign at your first appointment.
Free Initial Consultation
You may be offered a free 20 minute online initial consultation via Zoom. The duration of the consultation will be limited to 20 minutes and no therapy will be provided during the consultation. Free initial consultations are online only and are not available at the clinic.
When you book your first session at the clinic, a deposit of £40 is payable within 48 hours in order to confirm the booking. The deposit must be paid online via the Therapy in Leeds website and payment may be made using a credit/debit card or Paypal.
Where the deposit is not paid within 48 hours of booking your first session, the session will be cancelled and may be offered to someone else.
The deposit is in addition to any therapy fees and will be refunded at your final session, providing at least 48 hours’ notice has been given for any session cancellations and there have been no instances of non-attendance at sessions without 48 hours’ prior notification.
The standard therapy session fees are as follows, unless otherwise stated:
- Therapy Sessions (clinic): £80 per session
Fees for therapy programmes will be notified separately as required. Discount packages may also be available.
Unless otherwise stated, approximate session duration is as follows:
- First therapy session: 60 to 90 minutes
- Further therapy sessions: 50 minutes per session
Payment is due at the end of each session unless otherwise agreed and may be made using a credit/debit card or Paypal. Cash and cheques will not be accepted.
Session fees are for the therapist’s time and are not a guarantee of a successful outcome. Therefore, no refunds will be given for any sessions where you have attended and paid for the session.
Where a discount package or therapy programme has been booked and paid for in advance, if you choose to discontinue your therapy process before attending all the sessions, a pro rata refund will be issued after deduction of the full standard session fee for any sessions you have attended.
Contact Between Sessions
Any contact between sessions, will be by telephone, email or letter during office hours only (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 3.00pm). Any messages received outside of these hours will be dealt with during office hours only.
Other Medical or Psychological Treatment
If you are receiving care or treatment from any medical, healthcare or therapy practitioner e.g. GP, Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Counsellor, you may be asked to seek their permission before any therapy sessions can commence.
Arriving Late for Your Session
Please arrive promptly at your session start time. If you are running late, please let me know as soon as possible. I will do my best to make a full session available, however as the ability to do this will depend on bookings subsequent to your session, this cannot be guaranteed.
Cancellations & Re-scheduling of Sessions
Considerable time is spent preparing for each client session. If you need to cancel or re-schedule a session, please provide as much notice as possible. Notification must be made via email or phone call at least 48 hours prior to the session. Text messages will not be accepted as notification.
Sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice or non-attendance at sessions without prior notification will result in your deposit not being refunded. Where this occurs, a new deposit payment will be payable if further therapy sessions are required.
I do not send appointment reminders, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that any session deposits and/or fees are paid on time and that you attend your sessions at the correct time. When you book a session, you will receive confirmation of your session details via email, appointment card, phone call and/or text message as appropriate.
All clients under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
As an Accredited Member of The National Hypnotherapy Society, I receive regular supervision in line with the Society’s policy and guidance in order to maintain standards and promote best practice. Supervision sessions may involve discussion of client histories and/or details of sessions. Where this applies, your identity will not be disclosed and your confidentiality will be maintained at all times, except in the circumstances described in the confidentiality section of this agreement.
Hypnotherapy CDs & MP3 Recordings
Hypnotherapy MP3 recordings and/or CDs should not be listened to whilst driving, operating machinery or undertaking any other activity where concentration is required. Any MP3 recording or CD provided is for your personal use only and must not be shared, lent, copied or sold under any circumstances.
The agreement to work on the issue(s) presented by you, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of your presenting issue(s). However, I will endeavour to use my best efforts and skills to work towards your therapeutic goal(s).
Standards of Behaviour
During the course of any therapy sessions, I will treat you with respect and not abuse the trust you place in me. I will use best practice at all times in our mutual interest. In return, you undertake not to harm yourself, or any other person, including me, or any property belonging to either me or any other person.
You agree not to attend sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, except those medications which have been prescribed by your doctor. If you do attend any sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, or demonstrate violent or abusive behaviour, I will cancel the session and may refuse to see you for any further therapy sessions.
All contact, including sessions, telephone conversations and emails, will be conducted in confidence and may be recorded. Prior to any recording, your agreement may be sought. All recordings, conversations and notes will remain confidential, except in the following circumstances:
- Where you give permission for confidentiality to be broken
- Where the therapist is compelled by a court of law
- Where the information is of a nature that confidentiality cannot be maintained, for example:
- The possibility of harm to yourself or others exists
- In cases of fraud or crime
- When minors (under 18 years old) are involved
- Where a referring GP or other healthcare professional requires a report. A copy of the report will be available on request.
COVID-19 Clinic Procedures
When attending sessions at the clinic, the COVID-19 clinic procedures must be followed at all times to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all clinic staff, practitioners and clients. All sessions will be conducted in accordance with the procedures.
If you do not agree with or are unable to follow the clinic procedures for whatever reason, unfortunately I will be unable to offer you a clinic appointment and an online session will be offered instead.
By attending sessions at the clinic, you understand that whilst every precaution has been taken to minimise the risk to clinic staff, practitioners and clients of catching or transmitting COVID-19, this risk cannot be completely eliminated.
NHS Test & Trace
Whilst all communications and therapy sessions will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the confidentiality section in this agreement, please be aware that if contacted by the NHS Test & Trace service, I may be required to disclose your name and contact details to the NHS team as part of the contact tracing process. Where this applies, only the necessary details will be disclosed.
Appointment Cancellations due to COVID-19
If you need to cancel your session due to confirmed or suspected COVID-19, please let me know as soon as possible.
It is also possible that your appointment may be cancelled at short notice as a result of COVID-19, the NHS Test & Trace process and/or local or national government restrictions. If this happens, your appointment at the clinic will be rescheduled as soon as it is practical and safe to do so.
By signing the Client Agreement, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Client Agreement. You also agree with the statements below:
- I confirm that I have been advised by Vicki Crane of the scope of the therapies that she provides and give my full consent to receiving therapy sessions from Vicki Crane.
- I understand that results may vary from person to person and the agreement by Vicki Crane to work on the issues or problems presented by me, using whatever therapies are appropriate to my situation, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of any presenting issues or problems.
- I understand that hypnotherapy or any other therapy or information provided by Vicki Crane either in person or via telephone, email or internet, is not a replacement or substitute for medical, psychological or psychiatric treatment. If I have any doubts or concerns about my health, I will seek advice from an appropriate qualified healthcare professional.
- I declare that, if advised by Vicki Crane prior to or following any therapy sessions, to seek medical approval, I will consult with my GP, hospital consultant and/or other healthcare professional and gain the appropriate written approval for Vicki Crane prior to the next therapy session.
- I have been advised that I am free to terminate any or all sessions at any time.
- I understand that my level of motivation is vital in the therapy process and I agree to participate to the best of my ability at all times, including making reasonable use of therapeutic suggestions during and between sessions, as well as listening to MP3 recordings and/or carrying out other therapeutic tasks as appropriate.
- I have accurately and truthfully answered any questions and provided background information during the initial consultation and/or first therapy session and will continue to do so during any subsequent therapy sessions.