All sessions, including the initial consultation, are subject to these terms and conditions. Please read this page and then complete the details at the bottom to confirm your acceptance of the Client Agreement.
Free Initial Consultation
You may be offered a free 20 minute online initial consultation via Zoom. The duration of the consultation will be limited to 20 minutes and no therapy will be provided during the consultation.
Booking Online Therapy Sessions
When you book an online therapy session, an appointment will be reserved for you and will only be confirmed once payment has been received.
Payment for online therapy sessions must be made at least 24 hours before the scheduled session start time.
24 hours before the scheduled session start time, if payment has not been received, your session will be cancelled and may be offered to someone else.
It is your responsibility to pay the session fees before each scheduled session in order to confirm the appointment booking.
The standard therapy session fees are as follows, unless otherwise stated:
- Therapy Sessions (Online): £80 per session
Fees for therapy programmes will be notified separately as required. Discount packages may also be available.
Unless otherwise stated, approximate session duration is as follows:
- First therapy session: 60 to 90 minutes
- Further therapy sessions: 50 minutes per session
Payment for online therapy sessions must be made at least 24 hours before the scheduled session start time via the Therapy in Leeds website.
Session fees are for the therapist’s time and are not a guarantee of a successful outcome. Therefore, no refunds will be given for any sessions where you have attended and paid for the session.
Where a discount package or therapy programme has been booked and paid for in advance, if you choose to discontinue your therapy process before attending all the sessions, a pro rata refund will be issued after deduction of the full standard session fee for any sessions you have attended.
Contact Between Sessions
Any contact between sessions, will be by telephone, email or letter during office hours only (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 3.00pm). Any messages received outside of these hours will be dealt with during office hours only.
Attending Your Sessions
Please ensure that you are available at your session start time. If you are running late, please let me know as soon as possible. I will do my best to make a full session available, however as the ability to do this will depend on bookings subsequent to your session, this cannot be guaranteed.
I do not send appointment reminders, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that any session fees are paid at least 24 hours before the session and that you attend your session at the correct time.
When you book a session, you will receive confirmation of your session details via email, appointment card, phone call and/or text message as appropriate.
Cancellations & Re-scheduling of Sessions
Considerable time is spent preparing for each client session. If you need to cancel or re-schedule a session, please provide as much notice as possible.
If payment for online session has not been received at least 24 hours before the scheduled session start time, the session will be cancelled and a new booking will be required, if you wish to re-schedule the session.
Where sessions are cancelled by you with less than 24 hours’ notice or where you fail to attend your session without prior notification, any fees already paid for that session will be retained as a cancellation fee to cover the time and costs incurred in preparing for the session.
Standards of Behaviour
During the course of any therapy sessions, I will treat you with respect and not abuse the trust you place in me. I will use best practice at all times in our mutual interest. In return, you undertake not to harm yourself, or any other person, including me, or any property belonging to either me or any other person.
You agree not to attend sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, except those medications which have been prescribed by your doctor. If you do attend any sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, or demonstrate violent or abusive behaviour, I will cancel the session and may refuse to see you for any further therapy sessions.
All contact, including sessions, telephone conversations and emails, will be conducted in confidence and may be recorded. Prior to any recording, your agreement may be sought. All recordings, conversations and notes will remain confidential, except in the following circumstances:
- Where you give permission for confidentiality to be broken
- Where the therapist is compelled by a court of law
- Where the information is of a nature that confidentiality cannot be maintained, for example:
- The possibility of harm to yourself or others exists
- In cases of fraud or crime
- When minors (under 18 years old) are involved
- Where a referring GP or other healthcare professional requires a report. A copy of the report will be available on request.
You must be at least 18 years old to participate in online therapy sessions.
Other Medical or Psychological Treatment
If you are receiving care or treatment from any medical, healthcare or therapy practitioner e.g. GP, Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Counsellor, you may be asked to seek their permission before any therapy sessions can commence.
Hypnotherapy CDs & MP3 Downloads
Hypnotherapy MP3 recordings and/or CDs should not be listened to whilst driving, operating machinery or undertaking any other activity where concentration is required. Any MP3 recording or CD provided is for your personal use only and must not be shared, lent, copied or sold under any circumstances.
As an Accredited Member of The National Hypnotherapy Society, I receive regular supervision in line with the Society’s policy and guidance in order to maintain standards and promote best practice. Supervision sessions may involve discussion of client histories and/or details of sessions. Where this applies, your identity will not be disclosed and your confidentiality will be maintained at all times, except in the circumstances described in the confidentiality paragraph in this agreement.
At the start of each session, you will be required to confirm your location, along with the name and contact details of someone who can be contacted on your behalf in the event of an emergency.
Therapy Session Location
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have access to a suitable location for your online therapy sessions, where your safety, privacy and confidentiality can be maintained. I will not be responsible for any disruption to your sessions as a result of events occurring at your location.
You are also responsible for ensuring that you have access to suitable computer, tablet and/or mobile phone facilities along with a reliable internet connection for the duration of each session.
Whilst every effort will be made to ensure a reliable internet connection for your sessions, I will not be responsible for any disruption to your sessions where you have a poor quality or faulty internet connection or where there is a fault with the online video communication software (i.e. Zoom or other software) being used for the session.
The agreement to work on the issue(s) presented by you, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of your presenting issue(s). However, I will endeavour to use my best efforts and skills to work towards your therapeutic goal(s).
By signing the Client Agreement, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Client Agreement. You also agree with the statements below:
- I confirm that I have been advised by Vicki Crane of the scope of the therapies that she provides and give my full consent to receiving therapy sessions from Vicki Crane.
- I understand that results may vary from person to person and the agreement by Vicki Crane to work on the issues or problems presented by me, using whatever therapies are appropriate to my situation, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of any presenting issues or problems.
- I understand that hypnotherapy or any other therapy or information provided by Vicki Crane either in person or via telephone, email or internet, is not a replacement or substitute for medical, psychological or psychiatric treatment. If I have any doubts or concerns about my health, I will seek advice from an appropriate qualified healthcare professional.
- I declare that, if advised by Vicki Crane prior to or following any therapy sessions, to seek medical approval, I will consult with my GP, hospital consultant and/or other healthcare professional and gain the appropriate written approval for Vicki Crane prior to the next therapy session.
- I have been advised that I am free to terminate any or all sessions at any time.
- I understand that my level of motivation is vital in the therapy process and I agree to participate to the best of my ability at all times, including making reasonable use of therapeutic suggestions during and between sessions, as well as listening to MP3 recordings and/or carrying out other therapeutic tasks as appropriate.
- I have accurately and truthfully answered any questions and provided background information during the initial consultation and will continue to do so during any subsequent therapy sessions.
Please complete and submit the details below to confirm your acceptance of the Client Agreement.