Stop Smoking Programme
Participation in the Stop Smoking Programme is subject to these terms and conditions. Please complete the details at the bottom of this page to confirm your acceptance of the Client Agreement.
The Stop Smoking Programme
The Stop Smoking Programme includes one stop smoking therapy session plus one MP3 download. The session lasts approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Session Booking & Payment
Deposit (Clinic Sessions only): A deposit of £40 is payable online via credit/debit card or Paypal within 48 hours of booking your stop smoking session in order to confirm the booking. Where the deposit is not paid within 48 hours of booking your session, the session will be cancelled and may be offered to someone else.
Clinic Sessions: The remaining programme fee balance (£180) is payable at your stop smoking session by credit/debit card, Paypal or cash. Payment may also be made prior to your session via online Paypal invoice by prior arrangement.
Online Sessions: You will receive a Paypal invoice for the full programme fee. The invoice must be paid at least 24 hours before your stop smoking session and payment may be made via credit/debit card or Paypal. Where payment is not received 24 hours’ before your session, the session will be cancelled and may be offered to someone else.
Please note that cheques cannot be accepted.
Stop Smoking Programme:
£220 per person.
The stop smoking session duration is approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours.
I do not send appointment reminders, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that any deposits and/or fees are paid on time and that you attend your session at the correct time. When you book your stop smoking session, you will receive confirmation of your session details via email, appointment card, phone call and/or text message as appropriate.
Programme fees are for the therapist’s time and are not a guarantee of a successful outcome. Therefore, no refunds will be given once you have paid for and attended your stop smoking session.
Contact Outside of Sessions
Any contact outside of your stop smoking session will be by telephone, email or letter during office hours only (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 3.00pm). Any messages received outside of these hours will be dealt with during office hours only.
Other Medical or Psychological Treatment
If you are receiving care or treatment from any medical, healthcare or therapy practitioner, e.g. GP, Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Counsellor, you may be asked to seek their permission before participating in the Stop Smoking Programme.
Cancellations & Re-scheduling Sessions
Considerable time is spent preparing for each client session. If you need to cancel or re-schedule your session, please provide as much notice as possible.
Clinic Sessions: Notification must be made via email or phone call at least 48 hours prior to the session. Text messages will not be accepted as notification. Sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice or non-attendance at sessions without prior notification will result in your deposit being retained as a cancellation fee. Where this occurs, a new deposit will be payable if you wish to re-schedule your stop smoking session.
Online Sessions: If the remaining payment for the programme has not been received at least 24 hours’ before your session start time, the session will be cancelled and a new booking will be required.
If you cancel your session with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to attend your session without prior notification, a cancellation fee of £40 to cover the time and cost involved in preparing for your session will be deducted from any fees already paid by you. The remaining programme fees will be refunded to you and should you wish to reschedule your session, a new Paypal invoice for the full programme fee will be issued.
Attending Your Session
Please ensure that you are available at your session start time. If you are running late, please let me know as soon as possible. I will do my best to make a full session available, however as the ability to do this will depend on bookings subsequent to your session, this cannot be guaranteed.
You must be at least 16 years old to participate in online sessions. Clients under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and will be seen at the clinic only.
As an Accredited Member of The National Hypnotherapy Society, I receive regular supervision in line with the Society’s policy and guidance in order to maintain standards and promote best practice. Supervision sessions may involve discussion of client histories and/or details of sessions. Where this applies, your identity will not be disclosed and your confidentiality will be maintained at all times, except in the circumstances described in the confidentiality section of this agreement.
Hypnotherapy MP3 Recordings
Hypnotherapy MP3 recordings should not be listened to whilst driving, operating machinery or undertaking any other activity where concentration is required. Any MP3 recording provided is for your personal use only and must not be shared, lent, copied or sold under any circumstances.
The agreement to work on the issues presented by you, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of your presenting issue(s). However, I will endeavour to use my best efforts and skills to work towards your therapeutic goals.
Standards of Behaviour
During the course of any therapy sessions, I will treat you with respect and not abuse the trust you place in me. I will use best practice at all times in our mutual interest. In return, you undertake not to harm yourself, or any other person, including me, or any property belonging to either me or any other person.
You agree not to attend sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, except those medications which have been prescribed by your doctor. If you do attend any sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, or demonstrate violent or abusive behaviour, I will cancel the session and may refuse to see you for any further therapy sessions.
All contact, including sessions, telephone conversations and emails, will be conducted in confidence and may be recorded. Prior to any recording, your agreement will be sought. All recordings, conversations and notes will remain confidential, except in the following circumstances:
- Where you give permission for confidentiality to be broken
- Where the therapist is compelled by a court of law
- Where the information is of a nature that confidentiality cannot be maintained, for example:
- The possibility of harm to yourself or others exists
- In cases of fraud or crime
- When minors (under 18 years old) are involved
- Where a referring GP or other healthcare professional requires a report. A copy of the report will be available on request.
Concerns & Complaints
If you have a concern or complaint regarding your therapy, please discuss this with myself in the first instance and I will endeavour to resolve the issue. In the unlikely event that your issue is not resolved, you can also access the National Hypnotherapy Society’s complaints procedure, details of which are published on their website.
COVID-19 Clinic Procedures
When attending sessions at the clinic, the COVID-19 clinic procedures must be followed at all times. All sessions will be conducted in accordance with the procedures. If you do not agree with or are unable to follow the clinic procedures for whatever reason, unfortunately I will be unable to offer you a clinic appointment and an online session will be offered instead.
By attending sessions at the clinic, you understand that whilst every precaution has been taken to minimise the risk to clinic staff, practitioners and clients of catching or transmitting COVID-19, this risk cannot be completely eliminated.
NHS Test & Trace
Whilst all communications and therapy sessions will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the confidentiality section in this agreement, please be aware that if contacted by the NHS Test & Trace service, I may be required to disclose your name and contact details to the NHS team as part of the contact tracing process. Where this applies, only the necessary details will be disclosed.
Appointment Cancellations due to COVID-19
If you need to cancel your session due to confirmed or suspected COVID-19, please let me know as soon as possible. It is also possible that your appointment may be cancelled at short notice as a result of COVID-19, the NHS Test & Trace process and/or local or national government restrictions. If this happens, your appointment at the clinic will be rescheduled as soon as it is practical and safe to do so.
By signing the Client Agreement, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Client Agreement. You also agree with the statements below:
- I confirm that I have been advised by Vicki Crane of the scope of the therapies that she provides and give my full consent to receiving therapy sessions from Vicki Crane.
- I understand that results may vary from person to person and the agreement by Vicki Crane to work on the issues or problems presented by me, using whatever therapies are appropriate to my situation, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of any presenting problems or issues.
- I understand that hypnotherapy or any other therapy or information provided by Vicki Crane either in person or via telephone, email or internet, is not a replacement or substitute for medical, psychological or psychiatric treatment. If I have any doubts or concerns about my health, I will seek advice from an appropriate qualified healthcare professional.
- I declare that, if advised by Vicki Crane prior to or following any therapy sessions, to seek medical approval, I will consult with my GP, hospital consultant and/or other healthcare professional and gain the appropriate written approval for Vicki Crane prior to the next therapy session.
- I have been advised that I am free to terminate any or all sessions at any time.
- I understand that my level of motivation is vital in the therapy process and I agree to participate to the best of my ability at all times, including making reasonable use of therapeutic suggestions during and between sessions, as well as listening to MP3 recordings and/or carrying out other therapeutic tasks as appropriate.
- I have accurately and truthfully answered any questions and provided background information during the initial consultation and /or first therapy session and will continue to do so during any subsequent therapy sessions.
Please complete and submit the details below to confirm your acceptance of the Stop Smoking Programme Client Agreement.